On the 19th October 2013 I attended the 'Fashion Festival' at the V&A Museum which was devised by young people for young people and was FREE (which is always a plus) for people aged 16-24. It was a chance to discover the world of fashion through talks, workshops and demonstrations from industry experts.
As the event was free, it was very busy as you can imagine, especially for students in London, a free event is highly attended! So most of the things taking place throughout the day had queues of up to 50 people. However, only about 20 were allowed into each session. My friend and I went to a few and got turned away as there were too many people. However, we did attend the Shoe Design workshop with Rakish Heels, where we found out the principles of shoe design and got to create our own design. This picture was taken during the workshop......my friend and I are sat at the far end of the table on the right hand side!
Below is a picture of my shoe design from the workshop.
Below is a picture of my friend and I with our shoe designs.... :)
There was a full programme of what was taking place throughout the day which was as follows:
- Careers in the Fashion Industry
- Portfolios and Business Start Up Advice
- ASOS, Fashion Marketing & Journalism
- Putting on a Fashion Show
- Marketing and Trend Predicting
- In Conversation with Maria Grachvogel
- Shoe Design
- In Conversation with Henry Holland
- Being a Freelance Fashion Designer
- New Designer's Showcase
- Fashion Photography
- Shoe Design with Rakish Heels
- Fashion Photography with Anomalous Visuals
- Fashion Illustration with Stuart McKenzie
- New Fibres & Fabrics with Claudine Rousseau
- Jane Francis (Lecturer at CCM & LCF)
- Lorraine Mitchell (Menswear Lecturer)
- Jane Bowler (Fashion Design & Jeweller to many celebrities such as Rita Ora & Azealia Banks)
- Juliana Sissons (Fashion Designer, Knitwear Expert, Pattern Cutter & Lecturer)
- Suzie Lee (Knitwear Designer)
- Alex Brownless (Co-founder of ArtsThread)
- Pattern Cutting Master Class
- MAC Cosmetics Master Class
It was a great day and if there's any other events on like this whilst I'm still living in London, I will definitely be going and I highly recommend them to everyone!
Thanks for reading :)